About Genesis Running
Since 2007 Genesis has prepared new runners to run their first 5k and has helped experienced runners run their fastest 5k. Through a coaching program of thorough preparation, incremental training and accountability from a coach and other participants, runners gain the confidence and preparation they need to finish their first event. See people just like you on our Facebook page. And view highlight videos from our previous classes.
What: This is a 9 week training program starting on Monday, July 2nd to prepare for a 5k on Saturday, September 1st. This class is primarily for beginner runners and walkers but also is great for more experienced runners that have never received run coaching. For the beginners no running experience is required.
When: Group training sessions are each week starting Monday, July 2nd for the 9 week period.
Where: There are group coaching locations in West Virginia to choose from. The rest of each week’s training is done where ever you want—in your neighborhood, park or at a local track. Locations include:
- Magic Island in Charleston Mondays at 6 pm with Verena Mullins
- Valley Park in Hurricane Mondays 6 pm
- Ritter Park in Huntington Mondays at 6 pm with Josh Sowards
- Princeton at Princeton Senior High Mondays at 6 pm with David Kephart
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful
- Weekly group coaching sessions
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach
- Genesis Running team shirt
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and training buddies
- Thorough race day preparation
General Admission is a non-refundable $90 for new runners, $80 for Genesis Alumni, and $25 for kids 16 and under with an adult. Military, Police, Firefighter and all first responders and families are $50.
Online registration is open now