Welcome to the 15th Anniversary Season of Genesis Running!
About Genesis Running
Since 2007 Genesis has prepared new runners to run their first 5k and has helped experienced runners run their fastest 5k. Through a coaching program of thorough preparation, incremental training and accountability from a coach and other participants, runners gain the confidence and preparation they need to finish their first event. See people just like you on our Facebook page. And view highlight videos from our previous classes.
For the fall 2022 Genesis Running 5k class we will have both a live and online class to choose from. Class details are subject to change.
What: This is a 9 week training program for beginning runners that begins on Tuesday, September 27th and finishes with a 5k on Sunday, November 27th at the Macho Man 5k Pump and Run. There is no running experience required and this class is for beginner runners.
When: Classes meet on Tuesdays at 6:00 pm beginning September 27th and continue for 9 weeks.
Where: There will be several locations for live classes in the Kanawha Valley along with an online option. Class lessons for both live and online classes will be delivered by email and posted to a closed Facebook group. Live classes will meet once a week for instruction and group runs. The training plan calls for three days a week at your own pace and schedule.
- Charleston at Magic Island with Tammy Hopkins-Cook assisted by Matt Young at 6:00 pm.
- Nitro at Nitro City Park with Mac McMillian at 6:00 pm.
- Sissonville at Sissonville Middle School with Carmella Crawford at 6:00 pm.
- Online class- Train from anywhere you are
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful.
- 15th Anniversary Genesis performance style t-shirt
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach.
- Facebook group to post your questions, runs, successes and requests for socially distant running partners.
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners.
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and a proven system.
- Thorough race day preparation.
- Live classes have weekly coach led instruction and accountability.
General Admission. Live classes are $90 for general admission for adults, $25 for kids and $50 for military and first responders and their families. Online only is $50 for individuals that want the email lesson, instructional videos and access to the Facebook group. Parents are welcome to share the information with their kids and it's our hope that families will participate together.
Online registration is open now.
Printable registration and flyer
Questions? Contact us